The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires ENGIE Services U.S. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (the “Company” or “we”) to provide additional information about our use of personal information.
If you are a California resident, please read carefully this Statement to understand how we may collect and use your personal information, with whom we may disclose it and the choices regarding the use of your information under the California law. The Statement also describes how you can contact us if you wish to exercise your rights or have any question related to your privacy.
What is a Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is broadly defined as any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. your postal address or phone number). The CCPA defines personal information as “any information that defines, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household”.
We collect some categories of personal information about you.
What are the categories of Personal Information we collect about you?
Depending on the context, we may or may have collected over the past 12 months, the following categories of personal information including sensitive information:
- Identifiers such as your name, unique identification number, postal address, telephone number, email address and/or account name if you have an account with us. We may also collect your unique personal identifier including cookies*, online identifier and your internet protocol address.
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 such as your signature, bank account number and other financial information.
- Commercial Information such as the records of your personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Online Activity such as internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites and applications.
- Records and copy of your correspondence with us.
- Job applicant/candidate Information such as identification information including your contact information and professional information including resume, education history, spoken language, background checks and professional experience details as well as certain protected classifications, including gender, race, ethnicity military and veteran status.
- Your professional or employment-related information such as your employment details.
- Other personal information you voluntarily provide to us.
For what purposes do we collect your Personal Information?
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services;
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising;
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, such as non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Managing our relationships with current or prospective corporate customers, vendors and other business partner personnel.
For how long we retain your Personal Information?
How we may collect your Personal Information?
During the 12-month period, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you contact us or filling in forms on our websites;
- From the services we provide to you;
- Your devices, such as when you use our Services and visit our website;
- Our affiliates;
- Service providers, contractors and other vendors who provide services on our behalf;
- Our joint marketing and business partners;
- Online advertising services;
- Data analytics providers;
- Internet service providers (“ISPs”);
- Operating systems and platforms;
- Social networks;
- Data brokers;
- For business customer and vendor representatives, your employer.
The Sale and Sharing of your Personal Information
If you have any question related to the sale or sharing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To whom we may disclose your personal information?
|Categories of Personal Information||Recipients from whom the Personal Information may be disclosed|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, unique identification number, postal address, telephone number, email address and/or account name, unique personal identifier.||
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798 – This may include bank account information and other financial information.||
|Commercial information – This may include records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.||
|Online Activity – This may include internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites and applications||
|Records and copy of your correspondence with us||
|Job applicant/candidate Information – This may include identification information including your contact information and professional information including resume, education history, spoken language, background checks and professional experience details as well as certain protected classifications, including gender, race, ethnicity military and veteran status.||
|Your professional or employment-related information such as your employment details.||
Your Privacy Rights
What Rights you may exercise?
As a California resident, you have certain privacy rights on your personal information which you may exercise at any time. These rights are subject to certain exemptions or other limitations under applicable laws.
You may have the right to:
Access and disclosure : You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the access, free of charge, to the categories and/or the specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used and disclosed about you. In addition, you can request (a) the disclosure of the sources for that personal information, (b) the purposes for which we used your personal information and (c) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information.
Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Opt out: You have the right to request that we opt-out from the sale/share of personal information including via the user-enabled Global Privacy Control mechanism* or through the “do not sell my personal information” link.
Limit Use: You have the right to request that we limit our use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information to the extent required by applicable law.
Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request?
If you wish to exercise one of your rights, you may submit such request via e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at ENGIE North America Inc., 1360 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 400, Houston, TX 77005 Attn: Privacy Department. In either case, you please provide the following information:
- The right you would like to exercise (e.g. the right to access, correct or delete).
- Your contact information such as your name, email address or phone number.
- Your relationship or prior contact with ENGIE North America.
- Your residence’s information such as the indication of the province or state you reside (optional).
In order to process your request to access, correct or delete your personal information, we must be able to verify your identity. This verification will allow us to ensure that you are the person who requests the information**. For this purpose, you may be asked to fill in a PDF Form sent by us. We will compare the information you provide via the PDF Form to the information we have in our possession. If necessary, we may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request.
** Please note that all these measures are in place to help protect your personal information. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
Please note that you may also authorize an agent to exercise any of the rights on your behalf by submitting a request, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (at the address above) with the subject line “Authorized Agent Request”. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access, correction or deletion requests. We may also request you additional information to ensure your verification and the agent’s identity and authorization.
In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the individual whose personal information is the subject of the request.
The right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Individuals with disabilities. This notice is in a form that is or will be made accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with accessing this statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
How you may Contact Us?
For questions or concerns about this Statement or our privacy practices or if you need assistance to exercise your rights, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update of the CA Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically due to legal and technical evolutions. When we post changes to this Privacy Statement, we will modify the “Last Updated Date” at the bottom of this statement to indicate when such changes have come into effect.
Last Updated: October 2023
Before you leave,
and colleges are modernizing
their campuses. Take our Free e-books